This 42-acre site was the long-time home of the City's municipal swimming pool until its closing in 1996. After a comprehensive planning and public input process, a renovated Community Park was reopened in 2001, featuring:
- A 12,000-square-foot concrete skatepark with a large bowl, curves, ramps and obstacles.
- The Community Park Learning Center facility (renovated former bathhouse) to house programs, classes and meetings.
- Two full-court basketball courts.
- Two handicap-accessible playground areas.
- Picnic tables and park benches.
- A lighted, paved meandering walkway and bikepath.